Novastar VX4S Controller
The VX4S is a professional LED display controller. Besides the function of display control, it also features in powerful front-end processing,
so an external scaler is no longer needed. With professional interfaces integrated, VX4S with excellent image quality and flexible image control greatly meet the needs of the broadcast industry, Its friendly in user-interface. so that the display work has never been an easier and more enjoyable as with VX4S.
Product Type ：Video Controller
Inputs ：HDMI, DVI, VGA × 2, CVBS × 2, DP, SDI
Outputs ：Ethernet port × 4
Loading Capacity ： 2.35 million pixels ，the maximum pixel CLK is 165MHz
Video Loop ：DVI LOOP, SDI LOOP
Video Monitor ：VGA OUT, DVI OUT
Communication Mode ：USB/LAN
Image Mosaic ：Support
Crop Settings ：Support
Power ：Emerson original power supply
1) The inputs of the VX4S include CVBS×2, VGA×2, DVI×1, HDMI×1 , DP×1 and SDI×1. They support input resolution up to 1920×1200@60Hz; the input images of VX4S can be zoomed point-to-point according to the screen resolution;
2) Provide seamless high-speed switch and fade-in/ fade-out effect so as to strengthen and display picture demonstration of professional quality;
3) The location and size of PIP can both be adjusted, which can be controlled at will;
4) Adopts the Nova G4 engine; the screen is stable and flicker free without scanning lines; the images are exquisite and have a good sense of depth;
5) Can implement white balance calibration and color gamut mapping based on different features of LEDs used by screens to ensure reproduction of true colors;
6) HDMI/external audio input;
7) 10bit/8bit HD video source;
8) The loading capacity: 2.3 million pixels;
9) Support multiple controller montages for loading huge screen;
10) Supports Nova new-generation point-by-point correction technology; the correction is fast and efficient;
11) Computer software for system configuration is not necessary. The system can be configured using one knob and one button. All can be done just by fingers. That is what we called Touch Track!
12) Adopts an innovative architecture to implement smart configuration; the screen debugging can be completed within 30 seconds; greatly shorten the preparation time on the stage;
13) An intuitive LCD display interface and clear button light hint simplify the control of the system.
①: Power switch.
②: Operation screen.
③: Knob. to press knob means Enter or OK, rotating knob represents selection or adjustment.
④: ESC. Escape current operation or selection.
⑤: Four control keyboard shortcuts.PIP: PIP Turn-on/Turn off. The lighting of this key represents the turn-on of PIP;
otherwise, PIP is turned off.
SCALE: Picture zoom turn-on/turn off. The lighting of this key represents the turn-on of zoom function; otherwise, zoom function is unavailable
MODE: Shortcut menu of loading or storage of display model. The key is light when entering the model or shortcut menu, in case of exiting, the key is not bright.
TEST: Shortcut key of turn-on/turn-off of testing picture. In case of entering testing picture, the key is bright; otherwise, the key is not bright.
⑥: Shortcut keys for switching of 8 signal input source.Short press to set as the main screen input source, and long press to set as PIP input source. the key is bright after press when the video source has a signal; the key flashes when the input of video source has no signal. the setting result can be checked while setting on the display screen and LCD screen.
⑦: Function keysTAKE Display switching shortcut key. After short pressing TAKE key, PIP will be opened; if it has been opened, the switching of between MAIN and PIP will be realized.
Fn: Custom shortcut key.
⑧: Flat mouth (Type A, female USB) is USB interface, which connects U disk;Square mouth (Type B female USB) is a USB controlling interface, Communication
Tips: In order to improve the user’s experience, the layout of the interface may be adjusted a little, The picture is only for reference.
2 -Channel VGA Inputs
2-Channel PAL/NTSC TV compositevideo Input
DVI LOOP Output
Monitor -VGA OUT
Monitor -DVI OUT
LED Out 1、2、3、4
4-Channel LED outputs
Network Control (Communication with PC, or Access Network)
Type B, female USB
USB Control (Communication with PC, or Cascade IN)
Type A, female USB
USB Cascade OUT
AC Power Interface
Tips：The two USB ( type A) on the front panel and rear panel are both forbidden to connect with PC directly.
VESA Standard, support max. 1920×1200@60Hz input
VESA Standard (support 1080i input), support HDCP
EIA/CEA-861 standard, in accordance with the HDMI-1.3 standard, support HDCP
Consistent with DVI input
1280×1024@60Hz 1440×900@60Hz1680×1050@60Hz 1600×1200@60Hz
1600×1200@60Hz – Reduced
Self-defined output resolution (Bandwidth optimization)
Horizontal resolution maximum 3840 pixels
Vertical resolution maximum 1920 pixels